For over 25 years Excel has strived to exceed all expectations through the manufacturing and distribution of high-quality flexible packaging.
CEO Mike Sommers founded Excel Packaging Corp. in 1991 beginning with a line of poly-coated papers for food and industrial markets. Since then, the company has progressed to making sophisticated laminations and has expanded to four additional industries—Pet, Agricultural, Chemical, and Medical. Today, Excel produces dozens of products with hundreds of possible combinations.
Excel’s Southern California office works with sales, marketing, design, research & development, engineering, testing, and customer service. The marketing and customer support team is trained in the ISO 9001:2008 quality management system and directs focus to every detail within the multi-step Excel process model.
Excel’s project review process is a thorough examination into every detail from materials to package style to graphics to the product itself. Each step is carefully laid out and reviewed, and the final product arrives with the promise of precision and accuracy.
In addition to Excel’s Irvine team, the company recently opened a factory in South Korea. State-of-the-art printing and lamination machines combined with quality and production enhancements make the new Excel factory the premier source for the construction and printing of high-quality materials.
Here at Excel, the customer is the ultimate priority. We pride ourselves in being able to adapt to the individual needs of each customer with our customizable packaging solutions. Contact us today for your next packaging project.
Notable Events in Excel’s History
- 1997 – Set up Maquiladora in Mexico for specialty medical packaging and pouch assemblies
- 2002 – Shipped first pet food customer, supplying our first stand up pouch for pet food market
- 2009 – Built new office and moved to Irvine location
- 2010 – Drew up plans for new factory
- 2010 – Earned first ISO 9001:2008 certification
- 2012 – Broke ground on new factory
- 2013 – June grand opening of new factory
- 2013 – Launched new cloud-based project and order management system
- 2014 – Launched new website and four social media sites
- 2015 – Earned FSSC 22000 Certification
- 2015 – Began work with new Totani machines in factory
- 2015 – Opening of new office building